Monday, April 16, 2012

Taxed and Tagged

I just read the title again and laughed (It takes so little...)

Want to help solve a mystery?
Scroll down to the cute, colorful frame.
Have you seen this before?
It wasn't on the side of a milk carton, but I am desperately trying to find its origin!

YIPPEE! Thanks, Miss T.  You solved our mystery!
The cute clip art came from Michelle Tsivgadellis! Check out Michelle's collections at her TPT store by clicking on the picture below.


Before that though, I have a confession...
I think it's important that I admit straight out:
I am NOT an organized person.

I have islands of organization in my sea of chaos.
Yes, I can find a receipt from Amazon from July 19, 2008 for the purchase of the book, Baseball Saved Us.

Those receipts are organized.
But often I cannot find the cell phone that is bright purple and was just in my hand 17 seconds ago.



My socks are arranged in "rows" by purpose and hue.
They are organized.

Math notes for teaching biased/unbiased samples to the sixth graders tomorrow?
Ummmm.
Lemme see...
It could be in one of three boxes...
Or under the dining room table...
Or did I leave it in the copy machine...

I am organized about taxes (see below), but not much else!


Back to the Tag game.

I love my "Tagged tag" from Ms. T.
Alas, it did not work.

You should head over to Journey of a Substitute Teacher.
Ms. T. has been going wild on the creative wagon these days.
She's even making her own clip art.
Need a firefly? She's got a freebie for you!
(She's got other cute stuff too)
She has a Tagged tag--Let me know if it works for you.



Ah, Tag. (I'll leave it at that.)
I was tagged by Teresa at Confessions of a Teaching Junkie.
... which was amazing because Miss T. had just written about this cute blog on the same morning that I saw the firefly!

I was going to say Thanks, but no thanks (four times is a lot, but I'm trying to be a team player!)
But I loved, loved, LOVED the border she used, so I joined in again.


We were on a search to find this border and finally found out that it was created by the fabulous Michelle at The 3AM Teacher.  Michelle has a blog and a store... with lots of GREAT clip art--and other things too!

I really wanted to put my Tag answers in the border like Teresa did.
However, I am too verbose, and I had to type them below--which was not the image I was going for...

1. What is your biggest classroom pet peeve?
I am frustrated by chronic tardiness, and I am saddened by children who are insensitive, oblivious or unkind to one another
2. If you could be anywhere else right now where would you be?
Maybe Hawaii. Or a quiet hotel overlooking a lake... but if I have to get out of pajamas to get there, I am not going (* see below)
3. Where is somewhere you have always wanted to go, but you have never been?
Australia, Boston, Kauai, Bryce, behind the counter at Starbucks... (see * above)
4. Who’s your Hero?
I have found heroic qualities in many people in history: Nelson Mandela, MLK Jr., FDR (Eleanor too), Rosa Parks, 9/11 first responders, Ghandi... and all cancer survivors.
5. What teacher reading have you done most recently?
33 persuasive essays that needed better direction from the teacher
6. What famous person would you most like to have dinner with?
There are a number of my BloggyIdols with whom I would be thrilled to dine!
7. If you could be principal for a day, what is one change that you would make at your school?
I would appoint some people to choose someone other than me to be the principal
8. What is your favorite kind of cookies?
MMmmmmm. Cookies. I like cookies... Pepperidge Farm Milanos, Snickerdoodles, chewy chocolate chip cookies... now I’m drooling...
9. What is the best present you have ever gotten from a student?
A student wrote in a graduation speech, “I have always hated math. This year, math and I have decided that maybe we can be friends...”
10. How many more days of school do you have until summer vacation?
As of April 14th, there are 41 days left of the school year!
*
*
And an adieu to the taxes...

Someone sent me a sweet e-mail and asked if I really did do my taxes in notebooks.
I may make up weird stuff to tell the kids now and then, but I wouldn't falsify facts about taxes.
(Maybe fibbing about tax notebooks is a crime in and of itself!)
 
Tax audits are no joking matter.
Neither are speeding tickets.
I've had experience with one of the above, and I am assuming the other is as bad or worse.

Yes, I really do this.
So, here's my proof. (And proof that photography lessons should be on my To Do list)
(After I looked at this picture, I decided that I get to retire when I run out of different colored paper for the covers!)


And now the box is going back into the garage.
Until next April.
Notice I didn't say March.
I might not be able to find the box again by then...
*
*
Now, repeating:
Taxes, done.
Tag, done.

Caramel Caribou ice cream?
Not done,
....but calling my name!

Have a happy week, Bloggy Friends!


7 comments :

  1. Love your binders. Is it just teaching receipts or everything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record, I think you'd make a great principal! Or president. Or Starbucks Sweetheart!!!

    Thanks for a fun post . . . and setting the bar just a little higher with those TAXing binders.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol you've got me laughing!

    The border is from The 3 AM Teacher I believe!

    Hopefully you get no more tags now!

    Journey of a Substitute Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friend, I am the same way. Super organized in some areas and not so much in others.
    I'd to share that ice cream with you. :)
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay!!!! First of all...have I told you how AWESOME you are????? You totally made my day...hehehe. Your email came at the perfect time girlfriend!! I have had my face glued to the computer screen but I have been trying to block out distraction...I can spend hours reading blog posts!!

    The best posts are the ones that make me lough out loud when the room is silent & everyone just looks at me, like I have committed a crime (which is what happened at the Dr. Office today...hehehe).

    Your posts always make me smile & I am so glad that Miss T. got the answer...woo hoo Tanja (I think that is how her name is spelled). She is the exemplary blogger for sure! I need to make her an award...LOL!!

    Thank you again for making me blush!!!

    Michelle
    3amteacher@gmail.com
    The 3AM Teacher

    Visit The 3AM Teacher FB Page

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely needed your post right now that made me laugh!!

    Love those TAX binders! :)

    Shannon
    http://www.6thgradescottforesmanreadingstreetresources.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post. Comments bring me JOY! Please share your thoughts and join the conversation...