Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Freebie in Honor of Pam

I was so saddened to hear of the passing of Pam from The Vintage Teacher. The Vintage Teacher was one of the first blogs I followed, and I was always impressed by Pam's generosity and her cheerful attitude (Maybe it was her happy "Blogitude"!)   Click on the heart to read some kind words from Tamara at Teaching Blog Addict.


Friday Freebies was one of Pam's favorite activities.  She loved when teachers could share resources with each other!

 
Click on the Friday Freebies graphic to see some sweet offerings from other Bloggers.

I'm not very skillful in the upload/download arena, but to join in on this special edition of Friday Freebies in honor of Pam, I decided to give it a try...

We've been practicing Comma-Before-Conjunction (We call it "Comma Conjunction") for The Big Test. Sometimes, when we share sentences out loud, we say--while reading our sentence--"comma conjunction."  The line was long at Starbucks, comma conjunction so I was almost late for school.
 
To add a little silliness (which always seems to help students remember things!), we sing a little song to the tune of "Old MacDonald."  You have to sing "a-are" as two syllables to fit in with the rhythm of the song.  This one isn't going to win any Grammys, but it might invite a giggle or two (Or, perhaps, a bit of eye-rolling from tween-agers, but I just keep singing!)

Click the image to get the song from google.docs (I hope that's where this link leads you!)


I am not very good at attaching documents, but I am going to try and do this today in honor of Pam.


Click on the image to visit the Vintage Teacher site.  If you scroll down to the comments section, you can read some wonderful tributes that show what a sweet BloggerFriend Pam was.  I'm sure her family must be so touched by the way in which Pam touched so many lives.  The Blog Universe misses Pam, but she is with us through all of the shared resources that continue to make their way into the hands of children.  We miss you, Pam! 


6 comments :

  1. YAY - the link took me to Google Docs and now we have a copy of that adorable song! AmAzInG!!!

    Such a sweet tribute to Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute song!!! You rock! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen from...
    A Teacher's Treasure
    Teaching Treasures Shop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you did it! Good for you.
    And now I feel a little sheepish because I had no idea to put a comma before so. Seriously. And I was an English major. Until I changed my major at the very last minute because I didn't know who would pay me a salary for writing books. So I'm quite embarassed here.
    I need to do my Friday Freebie for the Vintage Teacher, too, but I'm afraid it's going to be a Saturday Sample. I'm tired.
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I can't comment for some reason!!! But it is allowing me to reply so...(I am using Kristin's comment to reply! Sorry!)

      I adore you for your amazing comments. You always stand out and make my day. I can't believe you thought of me in a store when you saw roblox. Can't wait to tell son! He will LOVE that. His birthday is in a couple weeks so I need to stock up on those roblox bux cards...
      Your post is wonderful, touching, and I love having such amazing blog friends like you. (plus I just used a lot of commas correctly thanks to you)

      Delete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! You are one of my 3 winners!!!! Head on over to the original post :)
    http://www.ateacherstreasure.com/2012/02/everything-primary.html
    I sent your information to the Big Boss {Steve} and he will be emailing you with the details!!!! Thanks for playing along!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen from...
    A Teacher's Treasure
    Teaching Treasures Shop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi lovely! I'm a new follower.
    What a super cool song. Fun way to remember the rule. Thank you so much xx

    Daydreams of a Student Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post. Comments bring me JOY! Please share your thoughts and join the conversation...