Sunday, June 26, 2016

Yippee! It's a Shark Week Blog Hop!

Duh Dun. Duuuuuuuuuh Dun...


I DO love Shark Week! It's a yearly event full of fun and freebies!

Jenny from Luckeyfrog's Lilypad and Matt from Digital Divide and Conquer have put together an adventure that is fin-tastic! (Sorry, you know I had to include at least one punny reference!)

This year my Shark Week Freebie is a decimal review! Just click on the graphic below to get a copy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4jzf7IrF9Y7M0tYdDRBYkxiekU/view?usp=sharing


Students can practice writing decimals in standard form... or in word form... or they can use the cards to play Go Fish (Or... maybe... Go Shark!) So you have options of independent work or partner work. Hopefully, you can find some use for this toothy friend!


I even included a few of the tricky ones... those that will cause them to choose an answer, change it and then re-think again! (I'm sure I am not the only one to have had a child see "seventy-four and six hundredths" and have them say 74.6!!) But I do love to keep them on their toes, so I've added a few of those cards in the mix.


The cards only include tenths and hundredths, which would make this a good beginning-of-the year review for fifth graders... but I am guessing fourth graders (and maybe even some third graders) could use the activity too.

I think I was excited to make a freebie this year because I just adore these sharks from Creative Clips! (Who am I kidding?  I love everything from Creative Clips!)


So grab your scuba gear (or at least your coffee cup!) and continue on your Shark Week Blog Hop adventure.

Your next stop is Paula's Preschool and Kindergarten. Click on over HERE and find out what she has waiting for you!

Thanks for stopping by!



3 comments :

  1. What an adorable freebie! Your sharks are very jawsome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is such a cute way to practice important skills! I love that you included some of those "tricky" ones. Thanks so much for joining our hop! :)

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very nice! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this post. Comments bring me JOY! Please share your thoughts and join the conversation...